Friday, May 3, 2013

The Scholastic warehouse sale...Its like Christmas for teachers

Happy Friday!

Yesterday after school, I attended the spring Scholastic warehouse sale in our area. I had been looking forward to it for over a week and was really excited to add more books to my classroom library. The sale was held in a hotel conference center and I found many titles I'd seen and wanted when my school had its Scholastic book fair fundraiser.
I intended to take a few photos to share with you but I got so excited the moment I walked in that I just snapped this one really quickly and then got right to shopping. The majority of the titles were 50% off the cover price, with a few books being only 25% off. There was a build-a-box for $24.95 area as well. I registered online about two weeks ago to get a "fast pass," which included a coupon for either $10 off a $50 purchase or $25 off a $100 purchase. 

I found so many great books and added several biographies, nonfiction books, Newberry medal and honor books, and the Judy Moody pack I'd been eyeing all year to my library. Of course, I also purchased some fun chapter books in a variety of reading levels that I think my kiddos will love. When I averaged out the dollar amount I paid divided by the number of books, the books ended up costing about $2 each, which I think is a killer deal. I often purchase second hand books for my classroom but these babies were brand new and I can't wait to share them. This was my first Scholastic warehouse sale and if you have never been to one before, get online right now and register for the next one. You can thank me later.

Happy reading!

1 comment: