Monday, August 11, 2014

Meet the Teacher Blogger

Today I am joining in with Stephanie of Falling into First for the Meet the Teacher Blogger linkup.

Hi all! My name is Elizabeth and I am a twenty something teacher living in Charlotte, North Carolina and teaching 3rd grade in a Title I South Carolina School. I've pretty much neglected this blog over the past school year but thought this was the perfect opportunity to make a comeback.

I am entering my 5th year of teaching. I have taught Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, and 5th (gifted and talented) grades. 3rd is my absolute favorite and I am so excited to be returning to this age group this year.

I have an amazing husband, Corey. Today is actually our second anniversary. Don't worry - I am not neglecting him and this special day to pay attention to my blog instead. He works in finance and has to travel often and is out of town today. We don't have any children yet - just one very spoiled dog, Riley.

I also write a life and style blog, A Carolina Mrs. and create and share resources on Teachers pay Teachers.



THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

I'm a lover of fashion, fitness, home decor, a hand written note on cute stationary, anything monogrammed, Starbucks lattes, owls, and my sweet students. 

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?

I would love to be an interior designer. I used to have the most elaborate doll houses as a child. I would ask my mom to lay tile in them and sew curtains. My husband and I bought our first home last December and I am loving designing each room. 

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Compassionate. Loyal. Creative. 
 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"No, thank you. I don't need another cup of coffee."

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

Patrick Dempsey and Ryan Gosling.

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

 Lipstick, Lattes, and Lesson Plans. I mean...there's a reason I chose that name for my blog. ;)

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?

To be able to blink and all the paperwork I need to do would magically disappear.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt 

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

 I'm a terrible singer. I would probably choose something by Carrie Underwood. As if singing one of her songs would magically make my legs look like hers!

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

I am kind of a combination of the two. I'm most productive between the hours of 8:00am until about 10 pm. I am usually in the car by 6:30 each morning and this is a daily struggle. 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

My Watermelon or Seed packet for Personal Narrative Writing. I'm a huge Lucy Calkins fan and love using this resource to help my littles narrow down a small moment topic.

My Daily 5 rotation cards are also a huge seller. These fit perfectly in a pocket chart to let your class sign up for their Daily 5 activities. They are available in polka dot, chevron, and owl themed.

Visit Falling into First to join in on the fun. 

9 comments:

  1. A fellow coffee lover here! Loved reading your responses!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puppy is adorable! Your lifestyle blog is precious and your wedding pictures are gorgeous!

    Gladys
    Teaching in High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth! I found your blog through the link-up! Happy anniversary! Being an interior designer would be a blast-- although, I think it's much easier to work on someone else's house, rather than your own! I bought my first home in January and designing each room has been a SLOW process! I hope you have a wonderful school year!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute bow tie on your puppy!! :)

    I'm making a comeback on my blog too- it's been a couple of years, so I'm just getting back into the swing of it as this school year begins.

    kinderkats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the name of your blog! So stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog name! I too am giving blogging another try! :)

    A Chocoholic Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha I think I found almost all of your answers to be pretty relatable to my life lol. Love your wedding picture, absolutely beautiful and your dog is precious! I think being an interior designer would be awesome too and I love monograms, Ryan Gosling, and Carrie Underwood's legs lol.

    Emily
    Love and the Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  8. A belated congrats on your anniversary! I adore your blog name! Keeping up with blogging during the school year has proven to be tough. I figure, it's supposed to be fun for me and if it feels like a chore...then I can leave it behind. :)
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in Charlotte too! And I can't believe I forgot to invite Ryan Gosling to my birthday party!

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete